The candidate will be an experienced, initiative-focused, and effective Vice President of Sales with a track record of business growth. The successful candidate will drive performance and growth of the sales team, as well as monitoring and analyzing execution against corporate goals and budgets. Managing a team of B-C in-home sales professionals within a work environment that demands exceptional performance and which reaps great rewards. Coordinating with marketing, finance, operations, and support departments in developing and implementing inhome sales strategies, with the goal of doubling the business over the next three to five years.
KEY TASKS &RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop plans and strategies for sales growth and optimal sales force structure.
- Maintain processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required.
- Develop, coordinate and train sellers on sales collateral, sales process, and methodology for closing “one call close” sales.
- Available to assist sales team with negotiations and closing of any deal in process.
- Ensure all sales opportunities that are pursued and not closed are properly rehashed.
- Using sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products and services, analyzing business developments, and monitor market trends.
- Organizing and directing sales efforts to achieve annual sales plan.
- Identify problems and create solutions.
- Track and evaluate sales team performance.
- Determine customer needs and how we can deliver quality service.
- Coordination with marketing team, in-house and external, on all marketing programs.
- Evaluates and contributes to the ongoing development of recruitment and hiring processes.
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, and mentor all sales team members.
- Responsible for one on one meetings, ride-along sales calls and role playing with Sales Team members.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, weather conditions, changing trends and economic indicators.
- Oversee established call center and ensure effective and strategic assignments of lead flow.
- Ensure sales team is proactively generating leads through their own personal networks.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies and professional networking organizations; pursues ongoing training and development.
- Ten to fifteen years industry experience within the Consumer Service/Home Improvement/Direct Home Sales marketplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, communication, marketing, or related field preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Proven track record of growing sustainable in-home sales.
- Experience with CRM Platforms (Salesforce.com (i360) preferred)
- Ideal combination of being analytical about the metrics and passionate about building a strong culture within and amongst all teams.
- Customer-oriented with ability to effectively communicate using both verbal and written skills. · Ability to run weekly meetings and inspire and motivate a team.
- The ability to generate new business.
- Strong networking and appointment-setting skills.
- Excellent deal-closing skills.
- Excellent sales coaching and mentoring skills.
DESIRED PERSONAL TRAITS:
- Maturity, credibility, and unquestioned integrity.
- A high energy level, passion, self-driven with an exceptional work ethic and determination to succeed.
- Decisive, action-and result-oriented.
- Team player who is willing to make a significant contribution to the growth of the business.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees.
- Confident, intelligent, and intuitive.
- An ability to approach issues knowledgeably, decisively, and pragmatically and to subsequently devise reasoned solutions to problems, an excellent problem solver.
- Excellent organizational skills; excellent verbal and written communications skills.